Making a Submission before September 1 is the best way to STOP AGL.
It’s our chance to have a say and stop the exploitation of our precious natural world.
You can write you own submission on the EngageVic website here
Write a ‘fast and furious’ submission using Environment Victoria’s Survey-to-Submission tool
1.) To write your ‘fast and furious’ Environment Victoria submission follow the steps below:
Yesterday the Department of Environment Land Water and Planning (DELWP) decided that each submission must go through their site, so they have put another step in place:
1. Go to this link: https://environmentvictoria.org.au/build-submission
2.Fill out the survey and amend if necessary, then submit.
Due to DELWP’s new requirement that all submissions must go through their EngageVic website, Environment Victoria will then email your submission back to you.
3. Once you have received your submission from EV go to the DEWLP site:
engage.vic.gov.au/crib-point-IAC click on: Make your submission.
4. Answer their questions then copy and paste your submission into to the “Add your submission” box
Job done. (Thanks Rod Knowles)
2) If you can write your own, more detailed submission and/or would like to attend the Panel Hearings in person to have your voice heard, make sure you tick the box when submitting here:
3) Check out Environment Victoria’s tips on How to Make a Deadly Submission against AGL here
4) Last week Mornington Peninsula Shire Council voted unanimously to oppose AGL’s dangerous, unnecessary plans.
Council’s Submission against AGL is now online here.
You might find it helpful when writing your own submission.
They suggest writing about whatever point/s you decide to make, whether that’s Marine Life, Safety, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Birds, etc using the words of the ‘Evaluation Objectives’.
The EVALUATION OBJECTIVES are in the blue box at the start of each section of the Council’s submission..
Please feel free to copy and paste text from their online Submission, but to give it more value, they advise adding some of your own perspective and words.
MPSCouncil’s submission starts on page 4 here.
We’ve heard the number of Submissions AGAINST AGL that Minister Wynne and the Department of Environment Land Water and Planning (DELWP) have already received has Blown the previous record right out of the water !
Let’s keep going, and really send the message home—
There’ll be NO AGL IN WESTERNPORT !