Help Us Out!
We are a 100% volunteer organsation. While we truly appreciate every monetary donation, a donation of your time is the most precious thing you can give. There are a lot of things to do:
- First, even if none of the below strike you, just having your name available so we can mail you when we have events, protests, shoreline cleanups, etc. Having people show up and show their support is an important role regardless of what else you may be able to do. But then too…
- We need to search constantly for information about the bay, read what people say, fact check it, and inform our group about it.
- We care deeply about the environment and we want to do our best to educate the public. If you are knowledgable about the bay, the marine life, or even a history buff who has collected information about the evolution of the bay, we need your help.
- We also find ourselves up against corporations (like AGL) and lobbying the government. If you have experience with the way industry and government works, we need that kind of expertise as well.
- We often run meetings and information sessions. We need people who can assist sometimes.
- We put up signs! You may have seen them! We also design signs and information such as you may have seen in our WesternPort news cover information piece.
- We need people to write articles and perhaps even get involved with video and podcasting.
- We are looking for somebody who may be able to be our video spokesperson. It would be helpful if you already had an interest in speaking, acting, or presenting. Our videos may be good in your portfolio.
- Or you may have ideas to help we haven’t even thought of yet!
Tell Us About Yourself
Please fill out the following form. It will help us decide who in our group can best use your help. If you don’t hear from us right away, be patient. We’re short-handed! 🙂