Welcome to Friends of Save Westernport!
We’ve been aiming for quite awhile at creating a Facebook group for all of you who have shown your passion to get involved. And now we have.
We can’t wait to get together with all of you very soon!
Friends of Save Westernport Group is a group for active volunteers and supporters who belong to the “Friends of Save Westernport” support team.
Here we will discuss all matters to do with our goals to support the Steering Committee of Save Westernport.
Events and our involvement in various actions consist of a 100% volunteers.
If you are not a Facebook user, you can still be part of the actions and events we will be organising shortly by contacting us and letting us know you’d like to go on the special volunteers mailing list.
While we truly appreciate every monetary donation, a donation of your time is the most precious thing you can give. There are a lot of things to do:
- First, even if none of the below strike you, just having your name available so we can mail you when we have events, protests, shoreline cleanups, etc. Having people show up and show their support is an important role regardless of what else you may be able to do. But then too…
- We need to search constantly for information about the bay, read what people say, fact check it, and inform our group about it.
- We care deeply about the environment and we want to do our best to educate the public. If you are knowledgable about the bay, the marine life, or even a history buff who has collected information about the evolution of the bay, we need your help.
- We also find ourselves up against corporations (like AGL) and lobbying the government. If you have experience with the way industry and government works, we need that kind of expertise as well.
- We often run meetings and information sessions. We need people who can assist sometimes.
- We put up signs! You may have seen them! We also design signs and information such as you may have seen in our WesternPort news cover information piece.
- Or you may have ideas to help we haven’t even thought of yet!
Tell Us About Yourself
Please fill out the following form. It will help us decide who in our group can best use your help. If you don’t hear from us right away, be patient. We’re short-handed! 🙂