Welcome to Friends of Save Westernport!
For quite a while Save Westernport has been intending to create a
Facebook group for those of you who have shown a passion to get more involved.
And now we have, and can’t wait to get together with you all very soon for a getting to know you, and starting some activities together.
Friends of Save Westernport (FoSWP) is a group for active volunteers and supporters who are keen to be part of the team helping Save Westernport achieve its goals.
The FoSWP Facebook closed group is a place to support the Steering Committee of Save Westernport.
Events and our involvement in various activities are 100% dependent on volunteers.
If you are not a Facebook user, you can still be part of the actions and events we will be organising shortly by contacting us and letting us know you’d like to go on the special volunteers mailing list.
While we truly appreciate every monetary donation, a donation of your time is the most precious thing you can give.
There are a lot of things to do!
First, even if none of the below strike you, just having your name available so we can mail you when we have events, protests, shoreline cleanups, etc. Having people show up and show their support is an important role regardless of what else you may be able to do. But then too…
- We search constantly for information about the bay, read what people say, fact check it, and inform our group about it, can you help with that?
- We all care deeply about the environment and we want to do our best to educate the public. If you are knowledgable about the bay, the marine life, or even a history buff who has collected information about the evolution of the bay, we need your help.
- We also find ourselves up against corporations (like AGL) and lobbying the government. If you have experience with the way industry and government works, this kind of expertise is essential.
- We often run meetings and information sessions. We will highly value your presence if you are available to assist sometimes.
- We put up signs! You may have seen them! We also design signs and information such as you may have seen in our WesternPort news cover information piece.
- Or you may have ideas to help we haven’t even thought of yet!
Tell Us About Yourself
Please fill out the following form so we can notify you about volunteer issues and events.
If you don’t hear from us right away, be patient. We’re short-handed! 🙂